Monday, May 14, 2007

Geotechnical nightmares

I started the day in Richmond . Found what is a common occurance there, loads of ground water. Basically , we excavate about 4 feet of earth, and hit the fraser river. This is a major headache to remedy, having to remove huge amounts of earth , and then refilling with sand and gravel crush. I feel sorry for the developers, who always think that doing foundations will be a breeze as far as time & money. Suckers.

Rachel is a mover and a shaker. Thankyou for finding a motor for my car window from a wrecker for a fraction of the retail. I also lucked out today and was given a free phone, from a random facebook user... I called him and he is heck of a nice guy, so thanks Lee.! Things were starting to turn back into my favor today... I'm going to have to do some serious running around tomorrow though.

Rachel and I did two serious power walking laps around trout lake today, weights in hand, good brisk feeling. Planning for three tomorrow. I'm off to do some chores. Signing off....

No comments: